Ultra Drum Tourniquet, Forklift Mounted Carrying-Case, Red
UltraTech Ultra-Drum Tourniquets stop drum leaks on the spot. Two models available, the Magnetic Model for steel drums and other ferrous applications, and the Universal Model for all surfaces, including polyethylene, steel and stainless steel.
- With the Magnetic Model, a spark-resistant assembly, made up of a chemical-resistant EPDM sealing pad attached to a stainless steel backing plate along with two powerful magnets, is pressed into place over the damaged area of the drum. The magnets latch onto the drum, compressing the sealing pad against the leak, sealing off the puncture and stopping the leak instantly, on contact.
- The Universal Model includes a ratchet strap system along with the magnets. The strap is circled around the drum, then the ratchet is used to tighten the strap, which in turn presses the spark-resistant backing plate/sealing pad assembly against the damaged area, compressing the sealing pad against the leak and sealing off the puncture. This system works on all surfaces, including polyethylene, steel and stainless steel.
- The Magnetic Model includes the stainless steel backing plate, the EPDM sealing pad, and two powerful magnets. UV-resistant storage bag also included.
- The Universal Model includes the stainless steel backing plate, the EPDM sealing pad, the two powerful magnets, plus a 10-foot long ratchet strap for use on steel, polyethylene and fiber drums. UV-resistant storage bag also included.
- For temporary use only. Maximum sealing area: 3½" x 7".
- No tools required to apply either model.
- Chemical compatibility guide available upon request.
- Most drum punctures are caused by forklift tongs. Optional Forklift Mount Assembly stores drum tourniquets right where they will be needed.